Monday, August 11, 2008

This week our new students start with the UGL-course. A course which I haven’t taken yet, but since it is supposed to be excellent I am very much looking forward to it. Last week was, as you know by now, their first week, and the first task was to make a presentation about themselves. Nervous and challenging, but a good way to get to know each other.


I asked Lea Kovac, 31, what it was like to stand in front of a class of strangers and tell them some pretty personal stuff.

- It wasn’t that bad. Of course I was nervous, but it was fun too. And also I think it’s a good way for them to get to know me and this way I wont have to repeat it 30 times to each and everyone. People are very open, but you can still chose what you want to tell and not, she says.

Lea talked about her life and how she came to be the person she is today. One of the most important things was when she broke her neck, standing on her head.

- That might be the thing that changed me the most, she says. That’s when I realised that I can do what ever I want to do. All my obstacles dissapered. I didn’t get paralysed but I had to hold my head still for a long time and wanted to do something creative so I started to sew and make bags.

Her bags are now on sale in many parts of the world. You can check out her design on this website: www.leakovac.se.

Why did you apply to Hyper Island?
- I go tired of designing bags and of being a freelncer. I wanted to work in a bureau with other poeple. And I wanted to work with digital design as a designer or Art Director. I found Hyper Island on the internet and realised that it is exactly what I wanted to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment