Wednesday, July 9, 2008

As I have mentioned earlier, Hyper Island CEO Mattias Hansson will participate in a seminar in Almedalen this thursday. I took the opportunity to ask him some questions about the seminar and his summer plans. This is what he replied:

Who is responsible for the seminar?
- The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise (Svensk Näringsliv) is responsible and I will be on stage together with their chairman Signhild Arnegård-Hansen and others from the political field.

What is the seminar about?
- It's about the future of education and the upcoming global talent shortage.

Why have you been invited?
- To talk about the succes of Hyper Island; how we have incorporated the industry in our teaching method; and how super attractive our students are for the global industry to employ. And answer some of the usual "why" and "how" questions. I also want to take the opportunity to explain why it is so important for the Swedish educational KY-system to survive any blowing political winds that may or migth not want otherwise.

Is this your first visit to Almedalen?
- This is my first time as participant in Almedalen, the largest and most wellknown Scandinavian political "fair". Even though I don't expect a Las Vegas-like sourunding I have heard that is is a real intersting spectacle. I'm glad Hyper Island is invited and get the opportunity to make our voice heard in front of the leading politicians and media.

What else will you be doing this summer?
- I always try to visit Scandinavian rock-epicentre Roskilde Festival. This was my 17th year there and I had one of my finsest moments ever this last Friday when I got the opportunity to actually be ON stage with Nick Cave when his Grinderman performed. Totaly mindblowing! Otherwise: Spending time with family in beautiful Swedish regions Skåne and Dalarna. And in my sparetime I'm producing an old friends Sommarprat-program (popular show on Swedish Radio P1 each summer). Hear the result with comedian David Batra on August the 9th. But right now: My focus is on Almedalen and to represent Hyper Island the best way I can there.

When and where is the seminar?
- Wisby Strand Kongresshallen 080710, 11.00-13.00. It's free! Register here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment