Friday, May 23, 2008


As you probably know by now, our Business Management students graduated last week. One of the students who graduated and already has a great job is Elin Johansson. I asked her some questions about what she thought of her Hyper Island experience.

Congratulations on your graduation. How does it feel to have graduated?
- After finishing upper secondary school I felt totally lost. But after my graduation from Hyper Island I feel there is a whole world open for me and more opportunities than days of the week. I’m leaving the school with grief because I will miss everyone at school and the “Hyper bubble” we created but I’m also exited to start working and practice what I have learned.

What did you think of the time at Hyper Island?
- I think I always will look back and see my time at school as something that changed me as a person, my values and my way to look at leadership. Even if I end up doing something that isn’t connected to my education would still be grateful for all the things I’ve learned about myself and others.

Was it what you had expected?
- Yes and no. I expected hard work, fun education and a broader network and this came true. But I didn’t expect to develop so much as a co-worker, a leader and a human.

Is there anything special that you learned here that you will find useful in the future?
- To always take responsibility for my own life and for the choices I make.

What was the best part?
- The lectures, my classmates, our projects and our co-workers at school. And all the hard parts during school – everything that went wrong, all the downs in our projects and the feeling when we succeed to turn them around to something good.

Where did you do you internship?
- I did my second internship at a digital agency in Norway called Apt. Almost immediately I got my own projects to run and was treated like a co-worker and not an intern.

What was that like?
- It was the best! I had a great time and learned a lot about both project management and technical stuff I never thought of before. Of course there were ups and downs but I see them as something developing and educational. I asked for a challenge on my internship interview and I really got one.

What will you do now that you have graduated?
- I liked my internship so much I decided to stay and I guess they are fond of me as well because I got employed a month before the ending of my internship. So I have moved all my stuff to Oslo to continue to have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment